Airstory's outliner not only gives you a high-level view of your document it's also interactive.
Here are some quick tips for interacting with the items in the outliner:
- Click anywhere in the outliner to get the first text box:
- Double click into the open text field to input your sub/heading *NB: any bold text with following symbol adjacent to the text is a sub/heading:*
- Hitting enter will open a text field below the current item.
- When you're done adding your headings/subheadings, use escape to close the last text field and prevent another text field from appearing below.
- Hitting tab along text that has the sub/heading symbol will indent the heading (making it a subheading).
- Hitting shift+tab will outdent a sub/heading.
- You can collapse or expand a heading to hide its subheadings and notes by clicking the sub/heading symbol adjacent to the text.
- You can drag both images and notes from the library drawers into the outliner.
Editing your outline:
- Double clicking on an item will open it for editing
- Hitting the space bar will open the text field for editing.
- To insert a text field between two sub/headings, click into the text field above the desired area and click enter.
- Clicking on the "x" in the upper right-hand corner will also delete the text field.