Airstory's outliner not only gives you a high-level view of your document but it's also interactive.
Here are some quick tips for interacting with the items in the outliner:
- Click on the first field to enter your heading
- Hitting "enter" will open a text field below the current item
- Move to the next item (or the next line) by hitting the down key or move to the previous item (or line) by hitting the up key
- Hitting "esc" will create the heading without opening another field below this heading
- Hitting "esc" or "enter" on an empty field will close it without saving anything
- Hitting "tab" will indent the heading (making it a subheading)
- Hitting "shift"+"tab" will outdent
- You can collapse a heading to hide its subheadings and cards by clicking the arrow to the left of the heading & you expand the subheadings the same way
- You can drag in both images and cards from the image and card library drawers
Editing your outline:
- Double clicking on an item will open it for editing
- Hitting "space" will open the item that has focus for editing
- Hitting "delete" will delete the item that currently has focus
- Clicking on the "x" will also delete the item
- Clicking on the pencil icon will open the heading for editing (no pencil for cards)
- Hitting "shift"+"enter" will open a field above the current item
- You can merge all cards at once by going into the Actions menu and selecting "Merge all cards"
Did this answer your question?